We are seeking a new Quality Control Manager, this individual should be a seasoned individual with years’ experience in the marine industry and in particular working on Government of Canada projects specifically Department of National Defense.
The individual will be required to obtain Industrial Security Clearance and Controlled Goods Clearance.
Understanding that this individual will be challenging for us to find a few assets to add to their portfolio would be French speaking and knowledge regarding Welding Processes. Our current incumbent is also a Welding Engineer that has proven very advantageous so that being said we are also looking at candidates for Welding Engineer as well.
JOB DESCRIPTION: In this role the incumbent is responsible for implementing and maintaining the Quality Control System Program This is done by ensuring that all work being produced meets the agreed upon regulations, standards and procedures of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.
- Develop and maintain procedures for planning, organizing and completing all Quality Systems Operations
- Ensure compliance with the agreed upon procedures for planning, organizing and completing all Quality Systems Operations
- Ensure that all relevant Quality Systems procedures and work instructions are available, understood, implemented and updated as per standard operating procedures.
- Develop and cultivate a communication strategy between the Quality Systems team, Operations Management and the client as required.
- Ensure a smooth flow of operations though the Quality Control department
- Provide daily assistance to the Quality Control Inspectors, Accuracy control inspectors and NDT supervisors as required to ensure effective and efficient completion of their daily activities.
- Prepare and implement the Quality Plan (Inspection Test Plane) for marine new construction, marine maintenance, and marine repair.
- Evaluates the qualifications of inspection personnel
- Pre-plan when applicable for the completion of tasks associated with Quality Systems to ensure inspections and other services are delivered accurately the first time with the best achievable quality, adhering to all HSE rules and regulations, within budget and using the team of people available to you.
- Ensure that document control associated with the Quality Systems team is up to date and accurate at all times.
- In conjunction with the Director, Quality Systems set a bar of quality standards within the department to ensure that standards are achieved and maintained. These standards could lead to the creation of Key Performance Indicators to be used as a global indicator of Quality Systems performance within the corporation.
- Ensure that all non-conformance activities resulting from customer complaints and / or unacceptable quality issues are documented and auctioned using the agreed upon standards and within the agreed upon timelines.
- Ensure that all corrections implemented as a result of non-conformances are maintained. i.e. the same non-conformance issue is not resolved or the same issue in a different scenario arises.
- Lead the Quality/Accuracy/NDT Inspection team in such a manner that they are motivated, satisfied, loyal and effective team members who are committed to the achieving the standards and the goals of the department and of the corporation as a whole.
- Supervises inspections, reports and the documentation issued by inspectors and collect and file the required Quality Records.
- Supports the Construction Director and Manager in dealing with the Client for all the Quality matters
- Supports the Welding & Non-Destructive Test-NDT qualification activities
- In conjunction with the Director of Quality Systems complete all probationary and other performance reviews for Quality Control Inspectors.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 10 years (Preferred)